Our rent-to-own contracts are an affordable way to budget
the purchase of an instrument for your young musician
Play your way through school — JOIN BAND!
Shen-Valley Band Instruments is your first stop for renting musical instruments in the Shenandoah Valley. We typically have between 200-400+ instruments in rental contracts.
EASY TO RENT: Rentals can be completed without a visit to our store. Simply call (540) 434-8546 — we’ll take the information and send you a contract.
RENTAL INSTRUMENT RETURNS: ALL returns will be conducted at our store in downtown Harrisonburg. Accounts must be current and the cleaning fee is due at the time of return.
THE FINE PRINT
Our rental instruments come with nine (9) months of “normal wear and tear” coverage on a limited warranty. Corks, springs, pads, felts and other parts subject to normal wear have limited warranty coverage. Shen-Valley Band Instrument Service, Inc. will be the sole judge as to the cause of damage or defects. If warranty repairs are necessary, Shen-Valley Band Instrument Service, Inc. is the only facility where these repairs are authorized to be completed. Any repairs not completed in our facility void any and all coverage. Shen-Valley Band Instrument Service, Inc. will not cover repairs completed by another repair company or individual. The lessee is responsible for bringing the instrument to our repair facility and the pickup of the instrument.
There is no warranty against deterioration due to perspiration, acid, corrosion, atmosphere, wear and tear or other external causes.
This Warranty does not cover damages resulting from accident, misuse or tampering.
**Due to harsh conditions, our rental instruments are not to be used for marching band under any circumstance. **
- Owner/Lessee should return the instrument to Shen-Valley Band Instrument Service, Inc. to report a warranty issue and to diagnose the problem.
- Shen-Valley Band Instrument Service, Inc. will do their best to repair the instrument within 7 business days (not guaranteed) and return the repaired instrument back to the Owner/Lessee.
- Coverage starts from the day the instrument is received.
- Shipping and insurance charges for instruments requiring warranty services are to be paid by the owner/lessee.
- Recourse on repair/replacement of parts or whole is at the sole discretion of Shen-Valley Band Instrument Service, Inc.
- Any repairs carried out by another repair facility or a third party will NOT be reimbursed under any circumstances.
- Any repairs carried out by another repair facility or a third party (including but not limited to private instructors and/or band directors) void any and all coverage.
- Damages, deterioration or malfunction resulting from misuse, negligence, accident, abuse, improper operation or failure to properly maintain the instrument, in warrantor’s judgment, are not covered under this limited warranty.
- Damages that, in the warrantor’s judgment, have been brought about by repair or alteration done by a repair person not specifically authorized to do so are not covered under this Warranty.
- Lacquer, epoxy and plated finishes. There is no warranty against deterioration due to perspiration, acid, corrosion, atmosphere, wear and tear or other external causes.
- Mouthpieces, reeds, cases, corks, springs, pads and other parts or accessories subject to normal wear or customization have no warranty coverage.
- This Warranty shall not extend to consequential damages, which include but are not limited to loss of use of the instrument, third party actions (fire, collision, vandalism, theft, etc.).
** Any payment for repairs not covered under the limited warranty are the responsibility of the lessee. **
- AGREEMENT PAYMENTS. The initial, non-refundable rental payment covers three months rental and monthly rental payment shall continue thereafter month to month
- RIGHT TO RETURN INSTRUMENT. Return cleaning fee applies, this amount will be marked on your contract, it varies per instrument. If not in default you may terminate this agreement at any time by returning the instrument in good condition and making all payment required to that date. Responsibility for return of the instrument belongs solely to the lessee. DO NOT LEAVE THE INSTRUMENT AT SCHOOL!
- EARLY PURCHASE OPTION. At any time after the initial trial period, you may elect to purchase the instrument at a 30% discount on the current unpaid balance. (*select instruments not eligible, your contract will state this information from the begining)
- OWNERSHIP. We own the instrument until you make all rental and other payments required under this agreement. You may not sell, pawn, dispose of, or pledge the instrument as security while the agreement is in effect. If you declare bankruptcy, the instrument must be returned to us immediately. You do not have the right to keep the instrument if you do not make all of the payments necessary for ownership.
- LIABILITY FOR LOSS OR DAMAGE. You are fully responsible for loss, theft, damage to or destruction of the instrument from all causes in excess of normal wear and tear, up to a maximum of the retail price of the instrument.
- EXCHANGE. You may exchange from one instrument type to another during this agreement and apply all rental payments made; additional rental charges may apply.
- OTHER FEES. Late fee of $5 due on payment not received within 10 days after due date. Interest Rate: 14% per year.
- DEFAULT. Should monthly payments become past due beyond sixty days, the right to return option is voided and the entire remaining balance, taxes, and late charges, will be due in full. If necessary, legal action will be instituted and you agree to pay all legal fees, including attorney’s fees (in obtaining and enforcing any judgment), associated with such action. Venue for all matter arising out of our agreement will be in Rockingham County, Virginia. All exemptions including the homestead exemption, are waived.
- * CHANGE OF ADDRESS. You must notify us in writing of any address changes. You may not relocate with the instrument from stated address without our consent.
- CREDIT REPORT. You agree to allow us to obtain a personal credit report at any time during your agreement.
- CREDIT/DEBIT CARDS. You authorize us to bill against the credit card account(s) listed if your rental account become more than 10 days past due.
- SECURITY DEPOSIT. If you pay a security deposit, we will refund the deposit upon satisfactory return of the instrument.
- REINSTATEMENT. If you default on your payment, the agreement expires and the instrument must be returned to us. You may reinstate it without losing any rights previously acquired by making all payments within 5 days of the default. If you return the instrument to us during that period, then you will have 21 days from the date of return to reinstate by making all payments due. If you have paid two-thirds or more of the total cost, you will have 45 days to reinstate.
Our Customers Say
“Great service and excellent instruments for all levels! Best in the Valley!”
“Solid repair service, great staff! I’ve been taking my alto here since I started college at JMU 4 years ago, and I’ve always been more than pleased with the work that’s been done on it. Steve is the best instrument repairman around!”
“The best service and most flexible music company I’ve ever dealt with. Highly recommend!”
“Needed my backup flute repaired for outdoor lessons — they fixed everything I had noted, and cleaned it up as well for a great price!”
“Very easy to work with, instrument repairs completed in a timely manner. They allowed us to make payments on a new saxophone for a good length of time to assist with affordability, and still applied a substantial discount when we were able to pay it off early.”
“Excellent work usually done faster and less expensively than expectations. (Shen-Valley does) wonders for my saxophones and I’d trust their work on any horn. Busy school seasons can be a challenge on their work load but they are always upfront about it.”
“Wonderful service, hands down. Never had to worry about quality of repair or damage to my horns. Allen is a true professional, and has been very willing to talk me through every repair. No problems, a respectable and hard-working group. Thank you!”
“Allen and Steve have been taking care of instruments for my kids and me for a long time. We have been very happy with the work they have done on reeds and brass.”
We’re here to help!
CALL Mon–Thu, 8:30 a.m.–4 p.m.
EMAIL anytime, using the form below.
We will get back to you as soon as possible!